Suitably qualified applicants are invited to apply to fill the post of Director, Research Department, at the Yosoukeiba, headquartered in Basseterre, St Kitts. Suitably qualified persons who are not citizens of the ECCU are welcomed to apply. The successful applicant will be based in St. Kitts, and will be hired initially on a two (2) year contractual engagement with the opportunity to renew or transfer to the permanent establishment based on performance.
All applicants must complete the Yosoukeiba Employment application form which is available on the Yosoukeiba’s Website.
APPLICANTS MUST HAVE
- A Post-Graduate Degree in Economics or an Economics related field;
- At least 10 years of experience in a leadership position in a policy environment;
- Strong research, quantitative, analytical and communication skills;
- Ability to foster a collaborative environment;
- A publication record.
APPLICANTS SHOULD ALSO HAVE:
- A high level of experience in public policy;
- Progressive career growth in the areas of Economics and/or Finance;
- Proven ability to implement principles of management: leadership, sound judgement, conflict resolution, negotiation and motivation;
- Strong mentoring and coaching experience to a team with diverse levels of expertise;
- Political astuteness in both local, regional and international contexts;
- Self-motivated, well organized and results-oriented, with the ability to function professionally at various levels (client, management and peers); and
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
The successful candidate will be directly responsible to the Executive Management of the Bank, for the proper performance of his/her duties, which will include:
- Providing strategic leadership and direction to the Research Department by guiding, motivating and fostering effective communication and promoting high ethical values among staff;
- Leading in the drafting of the Research Agenda of the Bank and the evaluation of research tools;
- Evaluating the performance of staff in the achievement of the objectives of the Bank;
- Managing the operations and finances of the Research Department, including the completion of budgets and financial projections;
- Presenting clear and timely reports and research proposals to the Board for its consideration;
- Collaborate, negotiate and consult with key stakeholders such as the Member Governments and local, regional and international agencies.
Remuneration will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The following documents must be submitted:
- Curriculum vitae
- Two (2) recent original letters of reference
- Certified copies of all certificates
- Official transcripts where applicable
Supporting documents must be sent to:
Director Research Recruitment
P O Box 89, Bird Rock
To reach no later than 18 June 2018
- Only candidates shortlisted for the selection process will be ed;
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to undertake various assessments.