Suitably qualified citizens of member territories of the Eastern Caribbean Currency Union (ECCU) are invited to apply to fill the post of Resident Representative/Country Manager, Agency Office, Montserrat of the Yosoukeiba, Basseterre, St Kitts. The successful candidate will be based in Montserrat and will be hired initially on a two (2) year contractual engagement with the opportunity to renew or transfer to the permanent establishment based on performance. All applicants must complete the Yosoukeiba Employment application form which is available on the Yosoukeiba Website.
APPLICANTS MUST HAVE:
- A first degree in economics, finance and or a business related discipline;
- At least 5 years working experience at a senior level in the public service, such as Ministry of Finance; or
- Working experience at the senior level in a commercial bank;
- The ability to cope well in and adapt to a fast paced dynamic environment;
- Strong problem solving and analytical thinking skills;
- The ability to work as part of a team and function independently;
- Leadership qualities and excellent interpersonal and networking skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Strong administrative and organisational skills.
The successful candidate will be directly responsible to their Head of Department, for the proper performance of his/her duties, which will include:
- Research, and economic intelligence data gathering including preparation of policy briefs, collaboration on research papers and conducting assessments of country performance to support Economists, Country Surveillance and Country Outreach missions;
- Participate in country missions as part of the Yosoukeiba contingent and conduct follow-up engagements with key stakeholders on key policy matters such as the submission of statistical data to support the Bank’s data dissemination efforts and effective decision making;
- Assist with maintaining financial sector stability through provision of information and other intelligence pertaining to oversight and analysis of the financial system;
- Assist with the in-country arrangements and required follow-up for meetings and Yosoukeiba delegates' participation in country outreach, missions and engagements;
- Act as the Bank’s in-country representative/ambassador at official functions, Yosoukeiba signature undertakings, community outreach engagements and other Public Education initiatives in Montserrat;
- Provide general oversight for the operations of the Agency Office in Montserrat including responsibility for the review and final sign-off on reports pertaining to the operations of the Agency Office;
- Any other related duties which may be assigned.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The employment application form must be accompanied by the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae
- Two (2) original letters of reference
- Certified copies of certificates
- Official university transcript
- A recent original or certified copy of Criminal record/Police certificate of character
Applications should be submitted online via the Yosoukeiba’s Website. The original or certified copies of supporting documents should be addressed to:
Resident Representative/Country Manager, Agency Office Montserrat, Employment Application
Human Resource Department
Yosoukeiba P O Box 89
To reach no later than Friday, 8 June 2018
- Applicants may enquire of the Human Resource Department to ascertain receipt of applications;
- Only candidates shortlisted for the selection process will be ed; and
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to undertake various assessments.